- MEET KAY LINDAHL Our author interview this week is a terrific opportunity to meet a master of “listening”—and of creative spiritual collaboration.
- DEBRA DARVICK Why listen? Because that’s how we deepen relationships. Debra writes, this week, about some tragic and some wonderful “Sounds of Grief and Joy” in her own life.
- HEATHER JOSE As caregivers, we need to listen to our loved one’s wishes—which means we need to speak honestly, now.
BIG CHANGES @FACEBOOK
- OUR EXPERTS ADVISE … Have you heard about the huge changes at Facebook? Despite stark new limits by Facebook, three of our experts offer advice on maintaining a thriving social network. Among the ideas: Use Facebook as you might use your living room.
VALUES THAT UNITE US
- POTHOLE NATION? Our resident sociologist, Dr. Wayne Baker, tackles the spring plague of potholes. In his OurValues series, this week, Dr. Baker explores the values surrounding this widespread danger.
- NEWS on ‘UNITED AMERICA’ and ‘A LETTER’ Headlines keep popping up nationwide about these two important and inspiring new books. Read all the news headlines here. This week, we are highlighting two fascinating new columns about anti-gay legal action in Arizona (look for the two headlines marked NEW).
- GODSIGNS Suzy Farbman’s series of inspiring real-life stories continues with … an appearance by St. Joseph?
- JANE WELLS Her newest column contrasts our nation’s ideals and the reality of slavery.
- RODNEY CURTIS The Spiritual Wanderer gives readers a “Sneak Peek” at a new photo website he’s developing.
- PROPHETS and VISIONARIES Peacemaker Daniel Buttry brings us three inspiring profiles, today, of visionaries from Buddhism: the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh and Joanna Macy. Enjoy all three stories.
- THE BIG PICTURE Daniel Buttry begins this series with an overview of worldwide Prophets and Visionaries.
- REMEMBERING KING In Visual Parables, Edward McNulty shares links to Ralph Abernathy’s famous Easter sermon on Dr. King.
- FAITH AND FILM Millions of Americans are planning family time in this “holiday week.” Let faith-and-film writer Edward McNulty be your guide to the movies:
- MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN 4 Stars. This animated romp through history is delightful!
- GENERATION WAR 4 Stars. Plan ahead to see this remarkable German production.
- NOAH 3 Stars. Think of Conan the Barbarian meets The Bible.
- DIVERGENT 2.5 Stars. Rocky start for this dystopian Sci-fi trilogy.
- GOD IS NOT DEAD 2 Stars. Way too contrived. Stay away—or go and root for the atheist.
- NEW: FILM CAPSULES We’ve got the new free April Film Capsules for you to enjoy and share.
- NEW: VISUAL PARABLES In the Visual Parables store, we’ve got the full April issue, packed with study guides for your small group.
HOLIDAYS AND MORE
- HOLIDAYS AT A GLANCE Bookmark our master index to holidays.
- PASSOVER Debra Darvick explains this ancient tradition. And Bobbie Lewis, in FeedTheSpirit, describes what Passover is like in a Jewish kitchen (plus a recipe for matzoh balls!)
- HOLY WEEK We explain many of the differences between Eastern and Western Christian traditions.
- HOT CROSS BUNS! FeedTheSpirit columnist Bobbie Lewis tells the story of this delicious seasonal treat (with a recipe, of course!)
- JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES Marking the Last Supper in a unique way.
- HANUMAN JAYANTI For Hindus worldwide, this is the birthday of the courageous “monkey-god.”
- EASTER This year 2 billion men, women and children celebrate the highlight of the Christian year.
- PASCHA In Eastern Orthodox Christian congregations, the Easter celebration is distinctively different.