- COVER STORY We interview the Rev. Ken Wilson, a pastor who says evangelicals should join him in welcoming gay and lesbian members. (AND: He’s already got some impressive allies supporting his new book.)
- OUR VALUES All this week, sociologist Wayne Baker reports on changes in attitudes toward gay and lesbian Americans.
- Our Values, Part 1: Are churches ready to welcome gay and lesbian members?
- Part 2: Have you seen the great generational divide?
- Part 3: Who still thinks that AIDS may be a divine punishment?
- Part 4: Is same-sex marriage a Constitutional right?
PEACEMAKERS IN UKRAINE
- AN APPEAL FOR PEACE International peacemaker Daniel Buttry pleads for peace in the dangerous conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- AND … PEACE IN AMERICA? Discover a roadmap for civil dialogue in ‘United America.’
- EASTERN LENT A long and strict fast for Lent begins with Clean Monday.
- ORTHODOX SUNDAY On March 9, Eastern Christians celebrate their icons.
- WESTERN LENT More than a billion Christians enjoy Shrove Tuesday and get ready for Ash Wednesday.
- JAPAN’S DOLLS These dolls are elaborately decorated and posed in Japanese communities around the world for Hinamatsuri.
- 19-DAY FAST Baha’is worldwide begin a dawn-to-dusk fast.
- HOLIDAYS INDEX See all the holidays and anniversaries at a glance.
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME Spring forward! (But does it actually work?)
FAITH, FILM (and TV, too)
- FAITH AND OSCAR’S BEST Faith-and-film writer Ed McNulty looks at the 9 Best Picture nominees celebrated in the Oscar broadcast.
- DOWNTON ABBEY Love the show? Know where most of us would live in that world? Read Jane Wells’ latest Bird on Fire column.
- LEGO MOVIE This may surprise you, but Ed McNulty calls it a 5-star treat and a true Visual Parable.
- MOVIES OSCAR MISSED! Rodney Curtis (aka The Spiritual Wanderer) publishes his own list of top movies Oscar missed.
AND MUCH MORE THIS WEEK …
- WINTER DOLDRUMS? WeAreCaregivers columnist Heather Jose looks at how to cope with … brrrr … this endless winter.
- CHALLENGING YOGA Columnist Debra Darvick tells how she finally met the challenge of a “Wall Dog.“
- GET HAPPY? OK, so Jane Wells told you so, weeks ago, in FaithGoesPop. Pharrell Williams is red hot. Here’s the video.
- DELICIOUS APPLE CAKE You’ll love this FeedTheSpirit story—and recipe! It’s a slice of America’s heartland.
- LOVE ANIMAL STORIES? In Godsigns, Suzy Farbman tells a real-life story of a rescued cat who also seems to have rescued her new human companion.